Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for Friday: June 7, 2013

How time flies when you are having fun you are on summer break.  I've been on summer break for two weeks already.  Last Friday I was out of town for vacation, so I missed Doodlebugs Teaching's Five for Friday.  I thought I'd make it up this Friday and cover two weeks.
I hope you won't mind.  Here goes . . .

Number 1
Last night was our last of Vacation Bible School.  I had the kindergarten class.  We had an outstandingly sweet little group of kids.  They were so into it.  I feel tired and very blessed.

Number 2
I've been working on some Daily Five posts.  I think the summer is a great time to plan how to implement this literacy structure, so I'm trying to get some helpful tips up.  I know I really like looking at how others are making it work in their classes.
Below is a set of I chart posters that I created.  
If you would like a FREE copy, just click on the picture below.

Number 3
Check the cute clutch I snagged on ebay.  I found these beaded clutches a few years ago at J. Crew.  There was a white, brown, and coral.  I loved them, but they all sold out before I could get one.  Every once in a while I stalk ebay for these clutches.  I have eventually gotten the white and the brown.  I finally found the coral one listed and grabbed it.  So happy.

Number 4
Like I said we were on vacation last Friday.  We were at Atlantis in the Bahamas.  I really enjoyed spending lots of time with my little family.   A   and I did the dolphin experience.  It was awesome.  I really don't know who was more excited about doing it.

Number 5
While we were on vacation  D  and I celebrated out 13th anniversary.  We've know each other since I was in sixth grade and he was in seventh.  We used to ride the bus together and I thought he was  s o o o  cute and I still do.  Happy anniversary  D !

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I think I might just have to head on over to Scrappin' Doodles and get those owls for my Daily 5 stuff! I love it!

    Congrats on your anniversary. Enjoy!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your summer has been off to a great start! I know I am personally loving mine as well!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of love these Five for Fridays where I get to see more "real life" things! :) LOVE the pictures. Happy Anniversary! The dolphin experience would be amazing. The picture is precious. I love your owl theme Daily 5, too! Happy Summer! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Your trip to the Bahamas looks like so much fun! Great memories for your family!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great vacation! Your daughter looks very happy! We love the D5 posters. We wish your D5 posts would've been around when we were trying it for the first time; love the way you organized the information to make it very reader friendly. Enjoy your weekend!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter looks just like you! What a wonderful experience to share with her! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she's sassy, my husband says she acts just like me too :) .

      Delete
  7. Congrats on 13 years! That is SO cute you've known him since the sixth grade! I did the dolphin experience in Cabo - so cool! Glad you had a great vacation! You're getting me excited for summer beginning next week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete