Sunday, June 2, 2013

WBT for VBS (Free Whole Brain Teaching Printables)

Vacation is over.  We flew home yesterday.  Today we hit the ground running (well in summer break terms) with Vacation Bible School at our church.  I've volunteered for several years, even before I had a child of my own.
While I love working with the kids at our church, the teacher in me sees a need for consistent rules in group settings.  One day it occurred to me that the Whole Brain Teaching Rules that I use at school might work in Sunday School or Bible School.  So I created a set of Christian themed WBT Rules to use with the kids at church.  The clip art is from Scrappin Doodles.
If you would like a free copy, you can click on the picture below.
I also created a printable mini book with this same set of rules.  
You can have a free copy of this mini book by clicking on the picture.
Using this set of rules in the elementary groups has worked our really well so far.  Most of the kids at my church know the WBT Rules from their schools.  Learning the church version of the rules has been a snap.  They also give all the volunteers (most not used to wrangling groups of kiddos) a tool to use when managing their groups.  Add in a little "Class?" "Yes!" and you are all set.

If you are interested in Whole Brain Teaching, check out YouTube.  There are lots of examples of how it looks in a range of class settings.  I have also created WBT Rules posters and printables for a traditional classroom setting as well as a set for home.
You can have a free copy of these by clicking on the pics below.
    
Thanks for stopping by.  Please email if you have any questions.
Best.

4 comments:

  1. I need to read more about WBT-I know that I do some of it...but I need to learn more about it. Thanks for the freebies.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea! I love WBT- and your transition to using it for VBS is such a great thought. Love your posters, too!:)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love WBT! I've been using it in my class for 2 years now. I really want to spend some time this summer on the site refreshing my memory. I love your freebies! It will work great for VBS! Hope your week goes great!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. WBT is really neat and I've watched several you tube presentations on it. I'd like to learn more. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete